Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: How many of you are still using tuners regularly

I'm a tuner dinosaur listening to KBAQ (classical) as I answer this on a Scott 310E. On average listen to it 8 hours a day or so. Basically I got into this working, KBAQ always on. KBAQ will play something that I like, that sounds very, very good with this combination of equipment, and it just stops me in my tracks.

I have probably updated, tweaked and listened to a dozen tuners before settling on this one. I'm sure a lot has to do with personal taste, system synergy etc. At times I like it better than the CD players I have (Electrompaniet currently), depends a lot on what KBAQ is playing. Yes, vinyl sounds better, but that's a lot of record changes.

Streaming, I have a linux music server, have tried a few DAC's, and so far none that I like at all. I haven't heard a Marantz streamer, and I have been reading the digital forum believing that I am missing something, so I have a PS Audio Nuwave on its way. Will update this post in a few days after I try it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.