Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Geezerrocket speaker build.

Below: Spatial M3 Turbo

Below:My Paradigm Reference 40v3

Charles;

I already own a excellent pair of large monitors - the Paradigm Studio Reference 40v3. I don't see any reason to have a duplicate card in the deck as it were.

They have had their crossovers rebuilt with a combination of Mundorf Supreme silver & oil caps and bypassed with Wima mkp 1837 polypropylene caps. They are a very good sounding speaker that do many things very well, but when it comes to speed and space with well recorded "acoustic centric" music these Wild burros can flat bring it.

I will have my horns back in February. The can play at ridiculous spl's, but I need more room for them to stretch. When I have them in our 20' × 28' × 9.5' living room they sound sublime. In my listening room they're more pedestrian.

Hopefully we will put a guest house over the garage next fall. Guest house is a code word for deluxe man cave.

If I buy anything it will be a pair of Spatial M3 Turbos. They are a dipole as well but can play anything, and louder than I can stand with zero strain. Maybe my tax return will get lost in Utah.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Geezerrocket speaker build. - geezerrocket 11:30:25 12/05/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.