Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Appreciate the Feedback Folks

Grumpy owns AK. He is the person that banned me. I could care less. His business is located in Royal Oak. Grumpy thinks he is a real important person. He owns other sites.

To tell you how far Audiokarma is behind AA, in the Fisher Forum they never heard of a K40Y-9 coupling capacitor. The established rebuilders used Orange Drops and similar capacitors. They removed the ERO II original coupling capacitors and those Fishers sounded worst than stock. That is how bad their Fisher rebuilds sounded. And stock Fisher does not even sound as good as stock Scott tube receivers such as the 340B.

The head rebuilder/advisor there rebuilt power supplies with 27 volt AC ripple into the power tube section. Wow! Good tech, but no clue to what sounds good. In a matter of 60 days I was taking a lot of their business.

The head rebuilder also did not know what PSU2 power supply simulator was and then stated he did not believe it had any merit and likely was not accurate- go figure that!

Edits: 11/23/16 11/23/16 11/23/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.