Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Some of the later shows with Emmit Clark were called Mayberry R.F.D

The spinoffs were from the Beverly Hillbilly

That is correct,I was just making a general statement that they were spinoffs and closely related.

Even if I don't do any new crossover mods will a brand new (upper crust) cap replacement make a difference without doing any other major surgery? Also Mike, or anyone reading, why does that cap replacement do that, I want to know the science.

Mark,you don't have to use an exotic cap..The Audiophilers and Daytons are very good for those positions.The science behind changing the cap from an electrolytic to a film cap is obvious.You will get better frequency response from a better and newer cap and the audio signal goes thru those caps so it stands to reason it will be much more pure because typically even the best capacitors have some degrading affect on signal..A 30 year old electrolyitc will have a real degradation on the signal.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.