Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Be aware

Hi Shovel, thanks, good eye!
Mike was looking at the mods schematic of which I think there are probably a few. I have the original schematic, stock, and the new one for which Bill Hoffman in 1988 penned down. I wish I had my old scanner so I could send you both the article.
The stock crossover does have the 4.7uF NP electrolytic cap and also a 0.4 mH coil.
Hoffmans mod has also the 2uF cap Mike mentioned,a 3.9uF cap, a 82ohm 1 watt resistor and a 3.5mHy coil. It also has a drawing of the new crossover for slower guys like me to double check.
Mike Samra is always the first to help, a Hifi guru to me, and the smartest guy I know about this stuff. He's always a step ahead so with me you have to start from ground zero and go slow. I haven't even taken the grills off yet.
So Shovel and Mike thanks! I'm going to order what you said Mike and also what Bill Hoffman recommended. Hoffmans last graph on the Minimus 7 showed a very flat response line and claimed +or- 4db from 85Hz to 17kHz....thanks Mark.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Be aware - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 22:39:53 09/20/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.