Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Get to England at least once in your life

Dave,

You have to go! My wife and I have been there several times, and I was there several times on business. If we had a long business trip with a weekend in the middle we'd arrange our itinerary to go to London for the weekend. We've been out to Bath and Stonehenge, and once took a tour that went by bus to Hampton Palace, and then further up the Thames by river boat to Windsor Castle. Lots of photo ops.

London has endless things to see. If you have the time, try Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum. Just be aware that the figures may not be accurate for height. Sylvester Stallone is a bigger man in London than he is in the USA by maybe 5". An awesome theater district. If you're into WWII history, there's the War Cabinet rooms, and a very nice museum on the south side of London dedicated to WW II.

McPherson? Sounds Scottish; but one of my ancestors was a Finley, also a Scots name; but they moved to Ireland in the 1600's, so it's really Scotch-Irish. We only found that out in the last few years.

With a Buckingham in the family, you need to visit the Buckingham Palace. You can go for a tour if the Family isn't home; but if they are, you can only go to the gift shop and stand outside the gates to watch the Changing of the Guard. Go while you can and are in good health.

Jerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.