Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Dented & Scratched Gear

Why is so much of the gear for sale on ebay, Craigslist, and A-gon dented and scratched? I'm not just talking about the the typical low-fi shit, but McIntosh, HK, Eico, Fisher etc....

I don't know how it's even possible to damage hifi gear. Are there a lot of people that have batting cages in their living rooms? Do they have weekly keg partys? Are they so pathetically weak that they can't lift a 50 lb amp without dropping it?
Wait, I know; They're bored so they amuse themselves scraping paint off of transformers with a steak knife. Or, maybe they wrap their thumb and forefinger with 150 grit sandpaper before their listening sessions so they can scratch the shit out of the faceplate(s). Or, maybe they play everyone's favorite game - Blind vacuuming! You know, get out your 1960s Hoover, have someone blindfold you, then race around the house and ram the vacuum into everything including speakers as hard as you can in hopes of causing as much damage as possible.

I don't get it. The gear I use sits on a rack, while the gear not being used sits in a box where it won't be crushed, soaked, or fall.

It makes me wonder what type of pig pens these people live in.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Dented & Scratched Gear - geezerrocket 06:36:00 09/08/16 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.