Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

questions about Scott 222B phase inverter

Hi,
I'm finally getting around to refurbishing a Scott 222B that's been sitting on my shelf for the past year or so. I replaced all of the electrolytic and film caps and brought it up on a variac today to check out the voltages and make sure everything looked as it should. Well, overall not too bad but the 6BL8 phase inverter does not look right to me; the voltages are really off. One thing I noticed right away is that the plate resistors for the triode and the pentode are 220k ohms instead of the 100k ohms shown on the schematic. The voltages on the plates are not even close to what is given on the schematic: 40 VDC on the triode (should be 78 VDC) and a measly 7 VDC on the pentode (should be 60 VDC). The cathode voltages are both close to spec. Could this amp possibly work under these conditions? I guess I could try playing some music through it and see what happens. Should I change those 220k ohm plate resistors to 100k ohm as specified on the schematic? Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - questions about Scott 222B phase inverter - microbe 18:49:27 08/27/16 (14)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.