Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

I May Be Upgrading - But Not Sure.

I have a opportunity to acquire a pair of beautiful McIntosh MC 60s locally for a very good price.

As many of you know I have a pristine Sherwood S-5000 1st edition with the huge UL transformers and five slanted 12AX7s'.
Oh; Did I mention that it was rebuilt stem to stern by Mike Samra?

I don't have the time anymore to listen to multiple systems and different amps so I have conundrum. I hate for such a beautiful piece of gear to sit, but then I hate the idea of getting rid of it.

I acquired a very nice Audio Research SP3A-1 a couple years ago and have been patiently waiting to find the right mono amps to pair with it - It looks as though I found them.

If I pull the trigger and send the three to Saginaw for proper "McShaning/Samraing", I wonder if the sound will surpass my S-5000?

I understand with terror, hunger, civil strife etc that this is not a real problem - That's why I called it a conundrum......

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - I May Be Upgrading - But Not Sure. - geezerrocket 10:17:22 08/05/16 (31)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.