Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I recently experimented with amps for the Advents

An interesting post.

I suppose any technology (like switching amps) will improve over time, and with the number of companies working with it. But I have wondered how good the very affordable amps are. Pretty good, I guess.

I had an NAD C320BEE (my grandson has it now); but wasn't all that happy with the sound. Bass was there; but not tight - mids and treble were nice though. It sounded quite different from my NAD C350. A much wider soundstage for one. The C350 was much narrower. However, the C350 had much tighter bass with much better articulation and stronger as well; although the C350 was not as natural sounding as the C320BEE in the mids and highs. I've never had a chance to compare the C326BEE to the C320BEE, and have wondered if it was the same preamp and amp with more bells and whistles. Apparently not.

I do think the C326BEE is on the low power side for stacked Advents. I know it has a lot of dynamic headroom; but even so...

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Adcom tuner-preamp and amp. They work very well with my Rotel CD players and I find the sound very natural, particularly on vocals. And that's why the C350 is going - it's good; but lacks the naturalness of the Adcom gear and the Rotel tuner-preamp and amp.

Jerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I recently experimented with amps for the Advents - Bold Eagle 18:41:35 07/26/16 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.