Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Sorry to be the contrarian, but

Ralf
Would you believe I had the very first CJ Premier one power amp they made.It was serial number 00001 and I got it from my audio mentor after he passed away and I ended up selling it to a truck driver in Canada..It was good when you cranked it up but it lacked detail in the upper ranges and this was on Magnepan Tympani 4s...The Premier 2 preamp was fabulous tho.The problem you mention about low level resolution was very apparent in the Premier one until you cranked it up..The Dyna Mk3s actually had better resolution even in stock form and that's why I sold it.
Kenny got the Premier one from the President of IMF Electronics USA and his name was Ron Bliss..IMF USA was two blocks from my house at the time.
If I had known then what I know now about upgrades and mods,I could have improved the amp but it was only to 15khz.. The MV75 later versions were very good actually.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 07/18/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.