Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Dynaco MK IV

Hi, John, well, here it goes. I worked at Music Tech for a year and didn't make shit for wages, I was their warranty tech, as was several other guys, and there is no money in that kind of work. The reality is I can make more driving a school bus than working on electronics, although I do work on amps and such on the side. Nobody wants to pay what it costs to do good work, so all the good ones left and/or work on high-end electronics, like medical systems and the like, where the equipment costs a lot and therefore a decent wage can be charged. Look at Dave over at Elpasotubeamps on youtube, super knowledgeable, comes from a military electronics background if I am not mistaken, even he says he doesn't like working on amps as there is no money in it. I don't know of a single profession that requires more STEM knowledge and pays so shitty as an Etech, the customers bitch and gripe, and the companies (like Roland, Marshall, etc.) cheat the techs, whoTF would put up with that bullshit?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Dynaco MK IV - gkargreen 19:29:06 07/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.