Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

What's going on with them

Is it that you can't do the work physically. I don't mean to pry?? Just asking if you need work done or the amps are not working properly???

Rant clause:

Hold onto your hat because I have a little more bad news. Think it's hard having tubes fixed, then try having solid state fixed. The days of the "repair" shop are gone my friend. Tech schools no longer teach young men and women the skills to diagnosis and fix a stereo. The only thing they know is how to find out what board is blown and how to order it from the factory. After that you're outta luck!

A few of my uncles owned a TV/audio repair shop. I used to spend hours in that shop (aka also know as the local mafia employment center) just looking at all the cool stuff. I was considering going into that field being I had a keen eye on something technical but I had grander dreams. By the early 80's their 35+ year old shop closed down.

OK enough of me, what's going on with your MKIV?

These are fairly simple amps and you should be able to fix them. Heck - the worst case scenario is find the building instructions and start tracing every step.

You're among friend that will help. Unfortunately they are not local.

charles

Edits: 07/08/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.