Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: OK my OTHER vintage audio gear

I like the color, in 1974,my Dad and I passed on a 1966 Corvette convertible in that color.
Yeah, one of the great mistakes. It had just been repainted, a real pro job, I did body work in those days and it was straight. My Dad rejected it because it needed a valve job. Could have bought it for $2000.

Unfortunately I don't have any online pics, in 1972 I had restored a 1955 Chevy Belair 4 door. It had the stock radio, not working. I found out when I went to fix it, there was a separate amp behind the right side of the dash. Both the head unit and the amp had tubes. In those days lots of stores had tube testers and a good assortment of tubes. A few new tubes and I was listening to glorious AM radio, where if I was lucky I would hear one or two listenable songs. One being "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon.

I really like cars, just no room or budget for them. I have a 2010 Kia Soul +, which I bought new, it has only 22,000 miles on it. I had a Doug Thorley header on it for 4 years, until the welds started breaking at the flange. It had been ceramic coated poorly, so after warranty hassles and charges for recoating it, I just sold it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: OK my OTHER vintage audio gear - Jeff Starr 13:06:01 07/04/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.