Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Ok Leak Amp owners..Here is a great mod and it keeps the original look.

long time ago I put films in for the doubler for a friend's Marantz 8b Wow... I didn't want to spoil the stock look of mine so I never did it to my own amp- I might have a go at it though one day.

This is precisely why you goop them in because you can pull the caps back out with no damage and put it back to original..You can also shove a dual 50uf at 500v F&T cap in the leaks up in that can once it's hollowed out.I much prefer the polys tho just as you do and I definitely understand the WOW in the difference these caps make.

If I were you on the Futtermans,I would parallel stack 200uf film caps like Panasonic or Vishay or whatever cap you choose.You can also mod the Futterman amps so they don't need those big output couplers as in the earlier designs.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ok Leak Amp owners..Here is a great mod and it keeps the original look. - Michael Samra 15:10:09 07/02/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.