Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Ok Leak Amp owners..Here is a great mod and it keeps the original look.

Whether you have an ST-20 or ST-50 or ST-60 or the 30 watt mono version I will show you,putting film caps in place of the lytics is the smartest thing you can do.
We are all familiar with the gold electrolytic cans that Leak uses which are two section as a rule and the value is a dual 16uf or 22uf at 500v..Well one day the original cans blew it's guts out while I was listening to it in stock form.I had it for about two days and lucky for me,it made me realize that these 35uf at 500v film caps I have been using fit and push right up in there tight as a glove..You can only replace one section but you can glue the other section in in right next to it as you can see from the photo. You can also use the CDE brand but the Unlytics I know fit perfect..Anyway.the improvement is tighter bass and mids and more detailed high end..The 35uf poly is perfect in any Leak right off the GZ34.

"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Ok Leak Amp owners..Here is a great mod and it keeps the original look. - Michael Samra 02:51:28 07/02/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.