Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

SONY CA9ES

I just scored a SONY CA9ES in excellent condition of Ebay ( no affil. ) for $34 shipped! I had purchased a used SONY C8ESD changer from a thrift shop a couple years ago & it still worked pretty good. The main reason I wanted to replace the C8ESD is because occasionally it would skip & it didn't have the exchange feature! I am a fan of SONY ES & have SONY CA70ES changers in the living room & bedroom systems, the CA9ES replaced the C8ESD in the computer room. The older C8ESD is bigger & heavier & actually sounded a little better than the CA70ES, but the new CA9ES sounds that much better! I always research first before making a decision & the CA9ES retailed for $700 new, but in the reviews I read no one paid more than $400. the CA9ES is also supposed to have better bass & it seems to on my computer room stereo. Not just more bass, but better defined as well. The one complaint some had about it is a whirring noise from the laser mechanism itself on about the 3rd to couple from last song on a CD, but I haven't noticed any whirring sounds so far.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - SONY CA9ES - tube Tom 18:16:22 06/18/16 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.