Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Bedini Amps on CL??

What a great score. I really like the Bedini Class A amps not sure of the true class of operation of those models you have in particular, however I think you made out well.

I have a 25/25 here and it is one sweet amp. I had listened to one extensively 30 yrs ago and it left an impression. The 25/25 I picked up a while back was perfectly cosmetically and never worked on.

The bias would flake out and I would end up with a cold channel. I try not to work on stuff anymore- not much time- so took a to a really good local tech. I had to take it back twice as it was intermittent one channel to the next. Eventually, the tech gave up- and just held it- I can't blame him really - got it back a week or so ago as is and dug into it with the scope for a couple of nights.

It has been playing nice and cooking for a week since I repaired it. When they are running -and they run hot- they are great. The heat and old age of even the solid state devices on the circuit board takes its toll. So they need a thorough patient going over. Heat, solid state and circuit boards don't mix well after 30 or so years.

Get them refurbished if you are keeping them .. they are great amps . Not much can touch these today even 30 years later with their current market prices.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.