Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

My dad bought me a Sherwood integrated in 1964 that had a white

plastic front and a few slide switches. I have no idea what model it was, and I have NO idea where it went. From this asylum's Sherwood posts over the past two years, I feel pretty sick about what happened to that amp. In those days, I did not appreciate good sound.

My dad also purchased two Lansing D130 speakers and built two guitar speaker cabinets for me. I eventually purchased two JBL075 horns and two 2400 crossovers for the speakers, and I cut a slot in each cabinet to make reflex speakers according to JBL specs. I never achieved a good midrange with this setup, so I parted it out and sold all the components on the old Audiomart catalog. When the buyer received the speakers and the other components, he said there was a tear in the D130 cone and asked that he only be charged for the freight. I was young and I agreed. He got the D130s, the 075s, and the 2400 crossovers for just the freight cost. I am embarrassed to even mention all this, not to mention the huge regret. Every time I see my old Audiomarts, I am reminded of this huge mistake.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • My dad bought me a Sherwood integrated in 1964 that had a white - alaskahiatt 16:57:37 05/08/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.