Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Dynaco MK IV Boards

I figure it would be cheaper to pay the shop to drop the assembled ones in and new Quad cans it would be cheaper No ?

NO,definitely not..The Dynaco amps,especially the Mark 4s are one of the world's easiest amp to rebuild or service.Since your boards are already assembled,just drop the old ones out and bolt the new ones in its place..You then hook up the filament wires,B+ wire,Grounds,feedback wire the input wire from the RCA jack.You also hook wires from the board to pin 6 of the EL34s and yes,I said pin 6 because the 1k resistor goes between pins 5 and 6..

Then you change the filter cap and wire it in like the old one and you should be good to go..They have all kinds if directions and pictorals out there to help you and then you have us if you get stuck..By doing it yourself,you are going to learn about the amp and gain lots of valuable knowledge as well.

This is even easier than I thought and it's beginner proof. Just hook the wires to the numbers on the board as in the directions and you will be fine.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 04/11/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.