Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Hartleys gone, Fultons in.

I feel your pain, Fitaro, as I, like many others on this Forum, have entered that time of life when I am suffering from shrinking pains. I have long admired Hartley speakers, and over the years, have posted about them here and elsewhere. More than fifty years ago, I was a guest at the home of Company owner Bob Schmetterer, and visited the Hartley factory in Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey, on quite a few occasions.

Have you considered a new pair of 220MSGs? They require only a 4 1/2 or 5 foot sealed baffle. That was what Bob Schmetterer chose for his personal system.

In comparison with your erstwhile Concert Masters, what you would be giving up in ultimate bass extension-and on acoustic music, you might be surprised at how little you'd be sacrificing-you would gain in coherency by eliminating two crossover points. Moreover, the considerably smaller cabinets would afford greater flexibility in placement.

Hartley scion Richard Schmetterer is still making these unique speakers on custom order, entirely by hand. The current 220MSG retains all the spine-tingling transient response and stunning realism of the original. But the new version benefits from improvements in adhesive technology, enabling it to achieve even higher SPLs than before, and its predecessor was hardly a slouch in that department-or for that matter, in any other. Good luck in your downsizing.

Richard's number is (901) 392-0500.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Hartleys gone, Fultons in. - Chef Henry 14:50:16 04/01/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.