Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Tubes for Bogen RP-230?

I couldn't find a free schematic on the Internet to look at but in looking at RP-230 photo's on E-bay there's a group of three tubes, possibly all 12AX7's that would be the phono tubes.
Looking from the front of the unit the group of three would be on the left side.
The two small tubes about mid point on the chassis directly behind the front plate appear to be the output driver tubes.
The tubes to the rear seem to be for the tuner section and the four larger tubes are the output tubes.
Eli is right as usual in that some or all the problems may not be tube related.
The three can electrolytics should be replaced along with any found under the chassis.
In one one pic I spotted a square gray selenium rectifier under the chassis that's right next to the bottom of a can electrolytic at the edge of the chassis that's either the B+ rectifier or a low voltage DC supply for the phono tube filaments. That should be replaced as well but if it's in a filament supply you have to be familiar with using a dropping resistor so the filament voltage with a new rectifier isn't too much.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.