Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Sanyo JA-220?

I bought this integrated amp at a flea market for $5.00 back in 2006. I could've bought the matching tuner for the same price but declined.

To me this amp sounds pretty good and was a decent match for the famous Audio Note Ax-Two speakers ( I also used a Jolida hybrid and Onkyo stereo reciever with these speakers- the Sanyo sounded best). I also briefly used the Sanyo with my current PSB Stratus Mini's which was a less than ideal match because of their low sensitivity, but still sounded good just underpowered.

From what I understand, the 220 stands for 2 channels at 20 watts each. This unit also appears to be made in 83' in Japan. This is the only info I have and was just curious if anyone here has experiance with this amp or other models from the era.

My only complaint is that I wish I would've bought the matching tuner. This would've been a cool second am/fm system paired with some vintage warm sounding speakers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Sanyo JA-220? - dave123456@mail.com 17:50:32 03/13/16 (20)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.