Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Need help connecting turntable to amplified speakers via "tubes"

Hello all,

Very new here and asking for help. I must not have been clear enough in my post at http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=general&m=711375.

I am trying to connect my (soon to be) non pre amped audio technica lp120 to a pair of M Audio m3-6's for a mid century style console that I am building.

I need to be able to connect phono, control volume, and patch in a iPad or other digital when needed. I don't mind adding a aux amplifier if that is what it takes to get the job done.

Are you able to recommend either a single tube unit that will allow me to do this?
If not, would you please recommend individual components that will get the job done?

My budget is about $1000 and size is a consideration. I am styling this after a 60's Grundig Majestic and it is very important for me to keep the aesthetics and lines very sleek and clean.

When I think of the people who I really respect, you are right there... serving them drinks.

Edits: 02/24/16 02/24/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Need help connecting turntable to amplified speakers via "tubes" - Swank 14:06:36 02/24/16 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.