Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: That is why everyone needs a vinyl source

Had a friend who resisted for so long it was ridiculous. Had a very high end but older CD system. Between a turntable and an Oscope he really upped his game.

Nice thing is so much of the music we grew up with can be had cheap on vinyl. I'm a thrift store whore....buck a record. Occasionally a local radio station must have cleared out inventory as I saw records in perfect condition. It also caused me to expand my tastes as the best recordings were prior to rock and roll. Stelly dan and billy joel are generally good but led zep sucks! Big band, swng, and jazz are often fantastic. Then you have stuff like barbra streisand that would normally make me puke but man.....what a fricken voice.....even if I can't stand the material. So now I listen to frank s., pete f., and bing c. and all kinds of stuff I never would have (like west side story even).

You don't have to spend a ton if you can DIY a bit. A Thorens table with a grace arm and a AT440ML cartridge has served me well enough to evaluate other sources and keep me honest.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: That is why everyone needs a vinyl source - Russ57 17:10:18 12/22/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.