Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: 101db/w at 1 metre amnd you need more than 60wpc?

Tim you are right on all accounts, and this is just a project I was just thinking of, for something to do, My Cit II is beyond McShaned and I added some Samra hot rods to it:)

However, I did like the change in these speakers, which as you found have no cross over, it's just a wizzer cone with a hyper tweet, when I tried these with a 20 watt amp then switched to the 60 watt amp. I like how they stiffened up and the bass got tighter, I thought maybe more power would tighten them up more, which I like. I am not looking to drive music at ear splitting levels or cause an earthquake. I realize I have more power than the room can handle already. I listen to everything but mostly Jazz and Rock. Intention was to do more power to tighten the bass, but who knows it might not get any better than what it is.

I didn't like how it sounded on the one speaker when I put it in parallel, it sounded horrible.

Pretty much with the feedback though, this doesn't sound like a good idea and everyone seems to indicate there will be sound quality loss, so I just might put this to rest..

thanks for your input,

J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.