Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: New Advents in garage / Acoustat 1+1 in HT -nt

the 11s are my favorite speaker for all I listen too. I'd love to hear the 2+2s on the HT, but they're in a different room, and not going anywhere.

Agree. I ran 2+2s in the main system for twenty plus years and am quite familiar with them. Their chief advantages over the 1+1 are increased sensitivity and better low end response. On the other hand, they beam horribly and are less suited for covering multiple seating positions. I use a 300 watt / channel Emotiva amp in the HT and high pass the 1+1s at 80 hz to dual subs to address their compromises.

I rarely use my HT system....maybe three times a year

Wifey is an avid videophile (it's really her system!) so ours gets daily usage. She always has crawlers adding content to the DVR and both of us are movie buffs. We were just watching the Downton Abbey sixth season preview special last night.

I can also stream content from the music server via the Oppo 103. Which works great since the dipole radiation also feeds the kitchen and office behind them. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.