Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Has The Salvation Army Gone Crazy?

It goes like this;

Salvation Army/thrift store manager has a brother in law that tells him they are getting big bucks for vintage tube stereo gear and speakers on ebay. Well, if we are talking McIntosh MC-60's or Altec Vott's then yeah. If the thrift store manager thinks he/she can get big $$$ for junk, go for it. Most stuff at thrift stores is shit plain and simple.

A lot of thrift store "finds" are regionally dependant. As an example, out here in the rural Midwest there are zero audio finds simply because the people here tend to be very conservative. Out here the money is spent on pickup trucks, deer rifles, atv's, boats/motors, and fishing poles/reels - never audio. Conversely, if someone walks into a New Jersey thrift store they are not likely to find any of the aforementioned items.

I personally would rather take my chances at a garage sale than waste my time at a thrift store wading through particle board furniture, stinky clothes, and rack stereo systems with pushed in woofer cones.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Has The Salvation Army Gone Crazy? - geezerrocket 08:32:25 11/19/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.