Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Harman Kardon 900+ Receiver- help needed

I have the Owner's Manual and the Service Manual, and no where does it list the specifications. So, I need the power out specs in Quad and Stereo if anyone has them.

The back story on this is that a local shop closed up 30 years ago with a lot of stuff "abandoned on site". There were two 900+, and I asked the owner if I could scavange some parts from the two. So, I ended up with a complete chassis and the power transformers, capacitors, and amps from the second one. That gave me four power amps, and the plan was to build a three channel power amp/electronic crossover box. I got part way into the project, removing the preamp and tuner, but leaving the bridging circuit for two of the amps to make a large bass amp to drive a passive sub,and using the two remaining amps independently for the satellites. I got as far as making 3 aluminum cover plates for the controls area and tuner scale area, and installing the H-K 4 gang volume control in the third area where the joystick was. At that point I lost interest and gave everything to my friend, Jeff. He went a little further but also quit. Recently he bought a new house, and in cleaning up the garage, found the whole pile of H-K stuff. He asked me if I wanted it? Well, I didn't exactly want it, but took it anyway. I have little interest in doing anything with it; but was amazed that H-K included no specs.

If anyone within driving distance wants the whole pile of stuff, contact me. Otherwise it goes in the dumpster.

Jerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Harman Kardon 900+ Receiver- help needed - Bold Eagle 19:24:16 11/18/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.