Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

sansui qr 6500 reciver surprise

my art photography neighbor who just retired from 2 houses away called me last Saturday and said hey would you like an old receiver that's been sitting in her basement for 25 yrs, so i go to pick it up in my wheelbarrow as i am blowing leaves out(she kept if from her divorce,husband took speakers)
i decided to stop yard work and open and clean it and inspect it,so clean hardly any dust besides by the heat-sinks,checked all ps caps all measured to spec,blew dust cleaned with contact cleaner etc,no fuses busted etc
sunday am connected it to some old pinnacle speakers, hooked an fm antenna and said wtf lets go
wow what an amazing sound, a little scratchy sliders and a few lamps missing,but i ran it all afternoon did not even get hot, i then connected my old bozak ls 200 from the same manufacturing time,shocked shocked how can this be its a sand amp from the 70's it almost reminded me of my neighbors tandberg system in the late seventies, this weekend i will hook up a t and cd player
if this is a true quad amp i will try to biamp the snell e111 i just rebuilt, of course i dont need more hifi as my 85 yr old mother in law is moving in and i will have to sell stuff soon
while typing this i remembered it did sound better than my mac2505 and 250

Silence is golden duct tape is silver

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - sansui qr 6500 reciver surprise - merdy 13:08:58 11/03/15 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.