Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Volume control

Hi Hennie Airtime, that joke sort of classifies the comedian, it reminds me of Hennie Youngman or Gabe Kaplan. I have 3 tube shields for you and an easy day tomorrow so if you want them send me your address, I'll leave an e-mail. I have every thing I need to build 2 Dyna PAM-1's. I'm still not sure about the 1000 mfd caps,they just look to small, the 50 volt ones I bought(selenium rectifier caps).My goal is to eliminate the tone controls although at times I am told to leave them. I started the wheels turning on this project a few years ago when building a little transformer passive preamp using the PAM chassis. A guy named (Clyde the Cat) on the Audio Circle under Tubefile came up with what I should do and made it easy with erasing what I needed to omit on a picture of the PAM's schematic. Frank VanAlStine voiced in and said it should work.This was a few years ago. Today Frank thinks it's a waste of time, but I don't. If I could get guys like You,Samra,E. Duttman,Uncle Stu, or any who,sorry if I did not mention your name,to give the ok, that it might work, then the project continues. I put GoldPoints in the other project but will go with 10 dollar 500 ohm pots, still way better until I find out if the circuit works.I am going to start looking for a Dyna PS-1 power supply.I still have not finished the chassis of a pair of Mark3's which I am also in the process of trying to get finished. With 2 new cap boards to be installed I'm not sure yet if the power sockets can be used.Anyway, my email is (kordamark@gmail.com) and those shields are waiting for you. P.S. I have gone back to the Stone Age with Windows 8.I used to be able to forward a picture with nary a problem. If anyone can give me some tutoring in this respect I would love it.If you go slow I'll write it down and tattoo it to my arm.....thanks Mark.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Volume control - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 16:18:38 10/11/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.