Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Chrome Cutie Phono Preamp...

Thank You for the nice comments !

What did you mean with "...lowered like that ?" Do you mean the socket mounting ? The socket bases are actually above the chassis, supported by rubber grommets both above and below chassis. The socket frames you see on the underside are indeed unique to these chrome cuties. Socket quality among these original units are usually good; especially compared to anything new from so-called worldwide sources.

Considering these units were available everywhere during the sixties through the seventies, you can find them today rather easily. Finding new in the box and/or mint chrome is not common. I have seen more NIB with corrosion than NIB that were actually kept NewInBox. You can luck out with low prices; but not like the prices during the decades they came from...If you can work inside tight quarters, these chrome cuties are indeed fun resto projects. With sensible upgrades, the listening enjoyment factor is genuinely very large and very real...

Thanks again for the complimentary comments !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.