Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: 1 Watt Resistors are helpful at certain areas...

Hi Airtime and Interstage, Air, you saved my ass, I was going to order metal oxide resistors without knowing what you told me about the sound...many thanks. Interstage mentioned that too in an e-mail, dittos. From what you said Inter,I will be getting the 1 watt resistors, I like the safety factor. Now I have another question, metal film or carbon film resistors, I want the best within sane prices if you know what I mean. I am going to write down every persons name that has helped me on this rebuild and if I can make it look real good enough that it should be in a picture,all names will be on the credits at the end of the show. Airtime and Interstage you'll be in the front like director and producer. Just to let you know I tried calling Frank VanAlstine but no one was in except Mary, the orderer for 10 years.I told her what my questions were and she recommended 1/2 watt Vishay resistors. Anyway, I learned a ton tonight and am looking forward to ordering the right resistors, where is also a question. Thanks you guys...Mark.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.