Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Bozak b -400 symphony

I suppose it is a somewhat confusing issue because some mono amps had a "damping factor" control or variable pot on them so the name stuck.

In any event the issue is real because I have had several experiences with weak bass and strong bass from the same speakers but with different amps.
I can think of a 15" woofer that had a resistor hidden and glued behind a frame member and a complete very expensive speaker system that had a resistor in series with the woofers to change the Q.

I just thought it would be interesting/informative to note that Mr Bozak said his woofers worked better with SS amps and for the reason he gave me but I do wonder how big a difference it would make on a single woofer system that wasn't driven as hard as the larger ones could be.

He didn't mention his older woofers so I'd also have to wonder if that applied to earlier woofers or the latest ones because there were changes.

What a nice man he was. I'll never forget him or the guided tour of the "chamber" or big walk-in dead room and the huge electromagnetic speakers he made for the 1939 worlds fair.

Edits: 07/18/15 07/18/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Bozak b -400 symphony - DaveV 20:22:01 07/18/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.