Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Fisher KX-200

I wonder about it being a kit. A link to the service manual is provided below. I know for a fact that FA30XK was the kit version of FA300X. Maybe "K" any place in the model # indicates kit.

If push comes to shove and the selector switch has to be replaced, a low cost Lorlin rotary from Mouser will dispose of the problem. You'll have to sacrifice the NAB EQ option, but (IMO) that's something which should be done, in any event. Switches in mV. level signal lines are a prescription for trouble and tape head I/Ps are passe in today's environment. Hard wire 1 set of RCA jacks to the low level mag. preamp section, which is permanently configured for RIAA.

Can you really get a ganged stereo control that has both a power switch and Fletcher/Munson loudness taps? If the volume control, except for the switch, is functional, remove a back panel convenience outlet and install a slide or rocker power switch in the opening freed up.

There's little doubt in my mind that the PSU should be given the Jim McShane treatment.

Eli D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Fisher KX-200 - Eli Duttman 20:17:35 06/30/15 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.