Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: The Homer One

Durwood is a pun and came from Kirby Gaal's business. He was a fireman and in his off time built custom speaker cabinets in rare wood veneers. He also had a business buying veneer in quantity and selling it in smaller pieces. His garage included a laminating press.

He wanted an amp I had; but was short of cash, so he offered to build me something. At the time, I had two pair of Advents, one pair in walnut veneer, the other utility models in vinyl wrap in bad shape. I loaned him one of the veneered cabinets, and he duplicated it in a fancy flame grain walnut veneer matched on all four sides of both cabinets. The cabinets are of MDF and veneered on both sides.

As documen5ted on this forum over the years, the Advents have gone through a long evolution; first with mirror imaging and cabinet bracing, and then with crossover tinkering through all the documented variations of the Original Advent before changing tweeters to New Advent and then to the SEAS. And finally, to SEAS woofers.

Jerry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The Homer One - Bold Eagle 09:19:30 06/28/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.