Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: NOT a swap meet / thrift store story .....

I don't know much about it, but it sounds like a good idea. It certainly can't hurt. I have a few good AM tuners, but there is nothing in the my area worth listening to on AM. They used to be a big band station that was a lot of fun to listen to with a vintage tube radio, but they are gone. Now it is nothing but a bunch of lunatic talk shows where they b__ch and moan about how bad they think things are, and how terrible it is that people don't see things the way they do.

There are still some good things on FM and HD. I have a collection of fantastic FM tuners. They practically give them away at the thrift stores here. Nobody seems to want them, and like Nakamichi tape decks, I can't resist. My star at present is a B&K (Fanfair) tuner. My HD tuner is the Radio Shack closeout that has been posted about on Radio Road.

The tuners you are taking about are all tube. The thrift store scavengers all know enough to scarf up tube gear, even if they don't know what it is. So I never have seem much of it. My only tube tuner is a stereo, FM only tuner.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.