Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

thanks for the praise. Yup much of theirs was good. And theres a reason some werent Id guess...

Thats good to hear. It sure looks nice and on the inside appears to have been well made.

I know RS used Pioneer as an OEM manufacturer for quite some time. Not that they didnt use others. But yes for some time ALLOT of RS's receivers sure looked like Pioneer offspring!

I recently read on another site, in reference to the many reasons for RS demise... That RS was known for screwing over their OEM manufacturers efforts. They would buy products no doubt designed and built by whomever. Then pass the design off to a lower bidder. Clearly I cant attest to any of this first hand. But it makes sense IMO.

Really harkens to todays China knock off market many know and love LOL... Can you say alibaba ;) Really gotta wonder how much gets watered down in the receive and duplicate world. No question a good deal. Theres a reason its cheaper in todays competitive world!

Thanks for the input!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.