Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Sure I hear you. Allot of these habbits are dictated by income Id guess.

The only reason I have the caliber of gear I own is from hard work at a job at a younger age. And finding, flipping, repairing gear I find on the list and other places. Theres no way Id now buy some of the audio toys I own. Have a son now and am a far cry from being a stones throw to the 1%.

Ive been lucky and managed to make my hobby pay for itself. Could not justify such expenses anymore. Nor afford it otherwise with many of the toys.

Id venture to guess allot, not all, but allot of the Clist regulars are in a somewhat similar camp. I kinda doubt whoever is buying whatever StOphile class A toy is also hawking the list. Im sure some but not the majority is my guess. Im kind of a bottom feeding by those standards. Not that some of my gear isn't high end. But most is home made or DIY of sorts. Or old manufactured gear. No Krell amps, Magico speakers and $7K cables here Im afraid. Nor would I care for em anyway. Quite happy with the sound I have regardless of price.

This isn't to say many, maybe yourself, are far from wealthy and simply choose to live different than us nuts seeking odd stuff. Just kinda a fun hobby to some also. But yes, Im the son of a crazy hoarder / flipper too so as time goes on Im slowly shaking the awful disease :)

But yes all I need to do is look to my fathers neighbor. The fellow owns his own business which does well enough to make a living. Pops showed him his crazy ways. Now the guy NEVER leaves the thrift stores and else where. Bastard looks for much of what I do also. Thanks dad.... grumbles.... But on a somewhat positive note its also a wake up call. GET A LIFE!!!! And what is life all for and about at the end of the day. That's why I take a self deprecating humor to this madness. And try and learn and reflect on it all too. Don't live and die by the acquisition ways anymore. Just try and keep it a fun hobby if I can :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Sure I hear you. Allot of these habbits are dictated by income Id guess. - 2chJunkie 17:34:23 03/20/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.