Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Nice to see Im not the only one who hawks Clist like a meth head in a trailer park LOL...

Well not quite. But when I have free time or near a comp I look ;)

To loose sleep over such ads is silly IMO. No offense or anything. Just after all these years of using the list these come up more often than one would think. And recently I have a hunch more of them are fellow audio nuts with a more cynical sense of humor than my own.

The fact the fellow said "not the good one" could mean one of two things to me. A) he was a joker that I speak of B) he half knew what he had and simply didnt care. Many would be surprised how many folks fall into the B camp. Clearly most wouldnt knowledgeably sell an item they could fetch hundreds if not thousands for fractional amounts. But some do. And some are simply WAYYY off in what they think their item sells for. Doesnt matter at the end of the day. But Ive also seen ads that clearly were troll ads. Either for a bizarre way of getting ones rocks off. Or culling email addresses for spam $.

In a moment like that one can email ASAP and hope to be first (more so hope the seller cares if your first). Or do what many do, email with an offer slightly more in line. Theres been LOADS of ads clearly geared with the notion of waiting for offers more in tune. Some pathetically veiled as such. Others more blunt of their intentions. Or just sellers which discover money speaks them after the post :) Play the hand as one sees fit.

Around here Ive come to learn of the competition. Half of em just repost their scores on the list after purchase. Some faster than others LOL... Others you see the item on the various audio sites we all know of. And the notion of you emailing within the hr and or it being top of the list. IMO its pretty safe to assume you and 5 other guys did the same. In this job market of today and flipper fever alive and well and spreading... Consider ones self winning the loto if you get said item. Ive done very well for myself over the years. And I now have loads of gear to play with for lifetimes over. Ive no reason to complain or be bitter at this point. Not that it doesnt happen from time to time ;) But overall Im just happy when I land a nice score. Still happens more often than Id believe. Just one has to be pretty crafty with how they do their hunting.

Dont loose any sleep over it Dean. My hunch is on troll post considering what you portray. And there will always be more like it that pop up. To varying levels :). Most important, I and you have amazing gear already. Nothing to feel left out of the fun by.

Keep searching. I, you and 48 other lurkers/readers here will certainly be too LOL ;)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.