Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Nobody is getting upset here.

If they were,you would probably see name calling or remarks of total condescension..We are simply pointing out that longevity and reliability are two different things..Just because a unit needs repair or maintenance along the way,doesn't mean its done for..That would be like junking your car when it needs a new fan belt or timing chain and gear set..You simply replace those things and it keeps going.
Now,there are ton a 70s and 80s amplifiers out there today with bad output transistors and you can no longer buy them.The Hafler I mentioned is one of these..Hitachi was the only company to make the the transistors so all you can buy is NOS if you can find them.

You can take tube amps from the early 50s and you can still get new tubes for them and even have the output transformers rewound or bought in new production if needed in many cases.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 03/16/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Nobody is getting upset here. - Michael Samra 19:19:30 03/16/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.