Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: any experience with ADS L710's?

I agree with everyone. The difference seems to be a preference for the "new sound of speakers" vs. the "old sound". Many listeners would like the new sound, but I prefer the old sound., especially with vocals and guitars. They are using newer Emovita amps and preamps, while I have an older HK AVR 7000. The price for my receiver 15 years ago was as much as theirs today. Using that receiver with these speakers and an Atlantic Tech subwoofer seem to be a perfect match to me. These speakers were made before subwoofers came out. But I like the sound of a subwoofer. So I disconnected one woofer in each speaker and they sound perfect to me. I hope to have them the rest of my life. One note..I bought the receiver at a yard sale. They said it quit working suddenly one day. I noticed the jumpers were put in backwards(l to r amp and l to r preamp. I did not tell them what the problem was, but I knew. Some engineer goofed and make the jumpers fit either way.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.