Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Late Model MC240 Resistance Tables

Mike, Thanks for the tip to Jim. Based on posts I've read of yours I reached out to him last March and used his kits on a pair of MC30s I blueprinted. The K40Ys are nice caps and his suggested tweaks have brought out the best in those amps.

This particular MC240 was rebuilt by Rich Modafierri @ Audio Classics about 15 years ago. Resistors & selenium diode were replaced. When I got it a year ago the voltage doublers & flitercaps had just been replaced with nice quality Authenticaps so it is solid and good to go - once I finish this last bit of work.

I've also completely rebuilt a pair of early MC240s that are working in my main setup now and they are strapped as mono blocks running Martin Logan ESLs. The sound is inspiring to say the least.

So that brings me back to my original post and the need for the resistance tables. The Service manual I have is for the early version and I haven't found the later version at all the usual sources.

Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Late Model MC240 Resistance Tables - HouseOfToine 05:51:48 03/08/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.