Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

bed bugs infestations in vintage components

Hi all,

Long time since I've posted here... My only excuse is having increased my family by one in the meantime!

Anyway, here's my conundrum, and I hope brighter / better minds out there will have some good ideas on this one. I've recently had a close call on a vintage component, namely upon opening it up for some fixes and upgrades, I've discovered a few of these creatures of hell inside it. Apparently all dead, but even in that state they're way outside the margins of what I am willing to experience. And then the eggs?!?... They found shelter on this foam blocking light from seeping out in unwanted places. Not a Mac, but so many Macs have such foam to block light from seeping out around knobs and such. I'm told the infestation must have been of historic proportions to make them invade electronics.

So, the avid researcher for vintage opportunities is now terrified of even trying, and that's a paralyzing thought. I can't being to imagine not being able to do this anymore. So what do you guys do? How do you handle this kind of thing?

Thanks for all input.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - bed bugs infestations in vintage components - raq 04:48:43 03/08/15 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.