Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: 'Do field coil speakers sound good....does cheeze whiz have better engineering than botique cheese??

The whole switch to ceramic mags really seems to echo the switch to solid state. All the companies scrambling to get rid of those pesky expensive tubes and telling the public solid state will be cheaper in the long run.
Get hip with this new solid state technology, it is so much better because you won't have the expense of tubes.

Here buy these ceramic mag drivers, we have engineered them on paper to be equivalent to the alnico that you can no longer afford and these new fangled ceramics don't have to be charged up like alnico.

Man did that take a long time for them to "engineer" out the problems of solid state! Gawd please don't anyone start a ss vs tubes on this thread.

Quality tube gear is not for everyone and neither are quality alnico speakers or field coils, I suppose.

The problem with people not understanding alnico is just plain a better magnet material than ceramic,period is that it seems a whole generation has grown up with cheese whiz (ceramic mags) and discussing the merits of how cheese whiz has improved so much compared to that fancy expensive aged cheese (alnico). "Yeah that expensive aged cheese doesn't have the same engineering as the latest cheese whiz"...

But seriously folks, you have to ask yourself if you are happy with cheese whiz level of gear, if you are maybe ceramic drivers just might be for you....they sound just as good as alnico just like cheese whiz has been engineered to have the same flavor as that expensive aged cheese.

Edits: 02/25/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 'Do field coil speakers sound good....does cheeze whiz have better engineering than botique cheese?? - Audio Mind 23:41:51 02/24/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.