Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Have to ask, what do you attribute the so very few new alnico home drivers to?

In complete sincerity I ask this. Not at all trying to be argumentative.

Im a big believer in the free market system. Disclaimer being, when it truly is a free system. A gov / political debate for elsewhere... :)

I really do believe you on your stance on the matter. In your view, taste, experience this view came to be. Ive no reason to doubt you.

I just have to wonder, that being the case, with so many passionate folk in this hobby. Many of which with bottom less bank accounts. One would think there would be more options out there for folks to buy new alnico drivers. In the guitar scene, which your also clearly well versed on. Theres many new ones available. And many are not pie in the sky prices. Eminence offer many around the $250 or less mark. This would lead me to think the materials are not out of reach or overly expensive. Clearly market demand would rise over time if the virtues were proven. Seems a win win for music lovers if it came to be.

Now I know there are a few one off, boutique makers out there that do offer alnico drivers. Again I cant help but wonder why more dont given your view of their superiority.

BTW
"
Another phenomena might be that people get used to low quality goods. A crazy example I was told years ago was when a high end grocery store was donating expensive food to low income or let's say basically starving people. Now these people that are used to cheap processed food preferred the cheaper, processed food over the good stuff every time, even if they were hungry!...that's pretty crazy stuff. "
This bothers me FAR more than anything audio related could. Again branches off to my remark of free market. We got far bigger issues than folks not getting 100% out of their rig. Another topic for another forum.

I really hope to read your response to my response to you. Again think your a very bright guy with allot of experience. Tell us more.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.