Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I don't know if you guys remember or not a few years ago I had gone on a buying binge of woofers and

Altec woofer made into Field coil..Classic Audio Reproductions

Same drivers but with cover on back

JBL Everest drivers and crossovers..Nice speaker at 70k a pair and it uses the Neo/Bery drivers.

Those 18 inch JBLs my friend bought before he died as we were experimenting with different bass setups. Those are actually new in box but I think they are more for PA or band application but then again I've never used those so I don't know.
Give the NEO drivers time to break in and I'm sure you will love them..I didn't find any harshness in them and if you go to Classic Audio Reproductions he actually takes a version of the 2435H and puts a field coil o it but still kept the diaphragm which is Beryllium and then he took the Altec woofer and put a field coil on it and he came up with the best sounding dynamic type speaker I've heard to date.They sound like a Quad ESL 57 on steroids and this is what some reviewers have said.The problem is they are 68k a pair..
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 02/22/15

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.