Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Vintage speakers. Alnico Ferrite so on. The good the bad and ugly. Experiences audiomind ;)

After thinking for a second if there are any other ceramic speakers worth even bothering with I would say some of the Acoustic Elegance woofers are NOT thumpy cardboard junk even though they have ceramic magnets.

I say this having owned some of the earlier but I believe identical (and now almost vintage) Lambda Acoustics TD15 woofers myself. Great stuff, sorry not really vintage but I think the topic fits in the discussion because the some of the AE woofers are clearly at the cutting edge of what can be done with ceramic magnets getting closer to the alnico sound.

I still will hold my ground though that if the AE woofers were made with an alnico magnet they would make a great woofer sound even better.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Vintage speakers. Alnico Ferrite so on. The good the bad and ugly. Experiences audiomind ;) - Audio Mind 16:30:38 02/21/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.