Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I Had Better Luck On The Drive Back Home =8^)

Brian - I rarely listen to the radio anymore. The stations around here are pretty lame and I hate all the ads. As a result, I don't generally buy tuners, even nice ones.

Speakers, amps and parts are what I mostly look for but since speakers take up so much space (and I already have way too many) I'm much more selective these days with them. I recently heard about a pair of Bozak B-300s at an auction house and was tempted to go down and bid. I'm still curious if they went cheap. Not many average auction attendees are interested in old speakers, especially huge ones. I also would have had to get a truck to haul them home and I already have a pair. The Rogers LS3/5A fit nicely in my Honda Civic. =8^)

Yeah, the Sherwood was in very nice condition and the price was right - $40, I think. I asked if it had the multiplex but it was mono. I already have two Sherwood S-3000 mono units, one that gets sporadic use and one that is hooked up but hasn't been used in a long time. Of course, those are both FM only. I also have a Bell 3070, which is AM/FM and stereo. It's set up in my home office but gets very little use. It's not in the same league as the Sherwoods in its present condition and likely wouldn't be even if it were in top shape.

. . . Charlie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I Had Better Luck On The Drive Back Home =8^) - FlaCharlie 06:48:47 02/09/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.