Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

I Had Better Luck On The Drive Back Home =8^)

It was a pretty small event but, considering it was the first one at that location, not too bad. I've never been to Kutztown but I assume it's much larger since it's more established.

I went down on Saturday. You must have snagged those before I was there. The only audio stuff I noticed was the Mac stuff you mentioned and a couple of tube tuners - a Heathkit and an AM-FM Sherwood. I probably would have jumped on the SE Maggie. I've got a couple of the SE 6BQ5 models and they sound really nice. Is that the one you found? 6EU7 or 12AX7 input?

I picked up a few tubes from the Orlando dealer who was there and a handful of vintage chicken head knobs. I went back down today for the Musicians Swap Meet but there wasn't much bass stuff.

I did better at some thrift stores on the way home. One minor score - a small box of maybe 30 used, but tested, tubes for $5. The highlight being five 6V6GTs. Haven't tested them yet.

The major score (I'm still in shock!) - a pair of Rogers LS3/5A speakers. $7.50 because they were on sale for 25% off! Some average light wear on the cabinets but they sound great. I had heard of them and knew they are well-regarded but thats all I knew. I was surprised by their small size. I always thought they were about the size of the Dynaco A-25. I was relieved to find that they have rubber surrounds, not foam. Apparently, they are one of the older versions since they are 15 ohms. I'm listening to them now and I can see why so many people like them.

. . . Charlie

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.